Monday 11 May 2009

Archway!!! Here we come

Weekend was great, me and Lance were looking for apartments all over London and finally! found something and just hoping now we will be able to get our hands on it. It didnt take as much time we suspected it would may be because we got bit serious? or may be it was vegetable curry from previous night that worked :) It was a year ago when we were planning to move out of halls and live together but I wonder how it would have worked, me being unemployed and sitting on my ass all day long for months and looking for jobs. At least in Halls there were some people to talk to and Oaniesto was available most of the times. I really loved living in student halls but I guess may be its high time to try something new. We were really excited while going for apartment viewings and we got nice location in North London which will be between me and Lance's work places. Work has been running smoothly, doing loads of stuff but I guess I need more challenging tasks then what I am doing at the moment but unless I find something else I wont be quitting this one, at least this is a hope.
During last week I have been reading through all the news about my country and trust me it hasn't been so good but depressing & worrying only :( Extremists are trying to take over the main parts of the country, most loveliest places I think. I still remember my visit to Swat Valley in 1997 & 2002, it was so gooooood..you could feel peace and harmony everywhere..Mountain tips covered with diamond like snow, soft as cotton and cold as ice. I could hear flowing river sounds through our window, families having breakfasts early mornings and meeting foreigners along the mountain walks, wonderful feeling I must say. I wonder how does that place look like now? More than 500,000 people have been displaced, army has taken artilaries all over the valley and according to locals you could only hear gun shots, Sad Indeed!!! but those who believe say that Good times will come once again and we would be a country with peace like any other.
Passing through Spring and moving towards Summer has certainly brought future plans & hopes for a great time ahead. Lets see whats on its way :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this post alot... Especially the part about your country. U are a Dorlin.

Raza Saand said...

Thank you for your comments Urszulo..you are a dorling person as well :)